Recreational fishing grants are now open
Tuesday 11 December 2018
The Nationals Member for Ovens Valley Tim McCurdy has encouraged fishing enthusiasts across the electorate to apply for the 2018-19 Recreational Fishing Grants Program.
The program sees funds derived from the sale of recreational fishing licences collected and invested into projects to improve recreational fishing across the state.
“The Recreational Fishing Grants program provides a fantastic opportunity for local fishers to apply for both small and large grants to improve recreational fishing and provide financial assist for projects,” Mr McCurdy said.
“Last year over $1.1 million was allocated to 16 projects across the state that will benefit recreational fishers.
“Increased participation in recreational fishing provides a flow-on effect for regional businesses, including for those in the Ovens Valley electorate.”
The Recreational Fishing Grants Program consists of two parts:
- Small grants of up to $5000 (GST exclusive) for projects to improve recreational fishing;
- Large grants for projects from $5001 to $100,000 (GST exclusive).
The small grants program is open all year round, with a user-friendly application form available for use by angling clubs and community groups and quick turnaround times.
Applications in the large grants program will be accepted until 28 February 2019 and will be sought in the following categories:
- Recreational fisheries’ sustainability and habitat improvement;
- Recreational fishing access and facilities;
- Recreation fisheries-related education, information and training;
- Recreational fisheries-related research.
For more information about the Recreational Fishing Grants Program visit https://vfa.vic.gov.au/recreational-fishing/recreational-fishing-grants-program or phone the Secretariat Richard Rogala on (03) 8392 6872 or email email@example.com