Community groups benefit from grants program
Thursday 2 August 2018
Nationals Member for Ovens Valley Tim McCurdy has presented grants to six local community organisations on behalf of the Australian Hotels Association (Vic) HotelCare program.
Mr McCurdy said the Victorian AHA had allocated a total of $10,000 to local groups in the Ovens Valley region and he was pleased to share the good news with them.
“Each of these organisations play an important role in our local communities so it’s great to present them with this funding which will support their projects,” Mr McCurdy said.
“Our community organisations do a lot of hard work fundraising for these types of items so for them to get this boost through a grant will make a big difference to them.
“I thank the AHA for its support of these very worthwhile local projects and wish the community groups well as they provide important services to their members and community.”
- The Wangaratta RSL received $2000 for kitchen equipment;
- The Tarrawingee Community Group received $1500 for a defibrillator;
- The Cobram Ladies Auxiliary received $1500 for a defibrillator;
- The Yarrawonga Mulwala Men’s Shed received $1500 for a dust extractor;
- The Myrtleford Pre School received $2500 for a shade sail;
- The Bright Men’s Shed received $1000 for a 3D printer.
HotelCare was established in 1999 as an on-going initiative of AHA (Vic) to raise and distribute funds to worthy charities and organisations.
Since its foundation, HotelCare has directly distributed over $4 million to charitable organisations, and through seed funding of the HotelCare Charity Golf Day held in 2015 facilitated the further distribution of over $2 million to various charities and causes.